Sharing the video from the concert on her Instagram page, Zodwa Wabantu, wrote;
Mood for Life,get in Zodwa Wabantu Mood😊 Free,Independent with her R10. Being happy is knowing who you are in everything. If I’m not there,its not a Party😂😂😂😂😂 There’s only 1 Zodwa Wabantu. I’m Celebrating you my People,Loving the World😘😘😘😘😘😘🌍 I love people I don’t know❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🇿🇦 Ubuntu,Owabantu 👫👭👬👫👭👬👑🇿🇦❤ How miserable to wake up & fake Life 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Zodwa Wabantu was in the news recently after she clarified reports of being dead. Speaking to TsishaLive, Zodwa stated that she had been receiving calls from people asking her about the death hoax rumours.
The dancer also said that when death rumours are thrown around, it’s usually for high profile celebrities and it was a clear sign that her hustle is working. She also says that she has no plans of dying anytime because she is booked.
“Look, I have no time for people who want to kill me because I am working hard for my cash. I have confirmed bookings till September, that have been paid for already. Why would I just die?”
“Guys I’m not dead. What could possibly kill me? People like me just don’t die. I’m not dead. How many times must you call me to say Zodwa is dead? People like me, they don’t die, they don’t just die.”
Here are seven things to know about the South African pantless dancer:
1. Has two different names: The dancer is popularly known as Zodwa Wabantu but is officially addressed as Rebecca Libram. The latter was mentioned in a response by the National Arts Council of Zambia concerning an application to have her perform in the country.
The letter which was dated March 7, 2018, explained that the erotic performer will not get an opportunity to be present at the gig she had been scheduled for based on her sexual image.
2. Ran away from home at 16: Wabantu appeared to have had it coming in terms of her personality. Zalebs News mentioned this in a report describing the erotic dancer who is quite emphatic concerning a decision not to ever wear pants for a performance.
3. Has a 12 year old son: The entertainer seems to be handling quite easily the role of being an erotic dancer and a mother. Zaleb described her 12-year-old son as the reason for her determination to suceed.
4. Once worked as a Call Center Agent: Zodwa Wabantu has had her fair share of corporate dealings. Prior to her career as an erotic dancer, the 32-year-old reportedly worked as a Call Center Agent, a factor that motivated a move to Durban from Soweto, South Africa.
5. Wants to become a stripper: Wabantu’s lifestyle has invited negative criticism from the public who named her as a stripper. This inspired the dancer to submit an actual application in 2017, in order to engage in the occupation on a professional level.
6. A former property agent: The controversial personality seems to have tried her hands on a number of businesses. One of such includes the role of a property agent involved in the leasing of houses to students in Durban.
7. Took off panties during a live performance: Part of what makes Zodwa Wabantu controversial is her daring behaviour which saw her remove an underwear during a live performance.